Monday, July 5, 2010

Passionate, Productive and Possitive


Kaytlyn, The girl with the golden hair. Kaytlyn came to visit and help us pack and clean up for our move back to Zion. She is amazing. She is a "feel-good" kind of person. I could not imagine life without her.


Our Souveniers from California: Gus-Gus and Midnight
We love our newest additions. They have just given Christy more than I even know how to express.

My dear friend Ashley and I with our darling babies. We walked almost everywhere together: the grocery stores, the WIC offices, McDonalds, Kmart, La Cocina, and Collier Park. We had so many great adventures and made many unforgettable memories.


Christy and Wesley love visiting Grandpa and Siobhan in Ranchita. This was one of the beautiful sunsets out there. It's beautiful.



So, I went to California. I did great things. Great things happened to me. I saw a lot of things I never would have. I learned a lot of things that I never would have. I am so grateful I moved to California. But, one thing I did learn was that, until Zac Levi wants to settle down with this cute girl, California was too expensive for this single mom and her two kids.
I had a lot of trials in Cali. I lost my car and my babysitter in about the same month. My clientele picked up really fast at first, and then wasn't enough to sustain a lifestyle out there. I mean any lifestyle. I even checked out the riverbeds for a place to stay one month while facing eviction.
Through these trials I learned quite a few things though. My family will always be there for me. Maybe not the way I think they should, but they are there regardless; Life is too short to be taken too seriously; Walking is actually enjoyable. I LOVE walking. It's even better if you do it with a friend and her darling little boys; just because a boy likes me, doesn't mean he is worthy of my time; Home is having your children with you; childhood is short, toddlers will be toddlers, etc, etc. The list could go on.
I am grateful for the time I spent in Cali. And I would like to plan to go back sometime. Or maybe, Ashely and Zac could move here?
As for the time being, I am back in Orem, Utah. I love catching up with my friends. Aubrey, Deven, Heather and Caulene took me out to lunch at Cafe Paesan the day after we got into town. And as wonderful as the food was, the reminder that we could just pick up where we left off and continue with our friendships was wonderful. It was refreshing. I am so looking forward to spending more time with them.
I'm excited for the adventures to be had here in Utah. I'm already getting excited to sign up for Sundance Film Festival, Festival of Trees and all of the marvelous activities that Utah has to offer.
As much as I miss my dear family and friends in Ramona, I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be for now. So, I'm holding my head up high and saying "Here I am, Life, give me what you've got". I know I can measure up to whatever life has in store for me.

My goals are to be productive, be positive and be passionate.

So, lets do this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a treasure!! Although I miss you terribly, I too, believe that right now your place is in Orem. God Bless you my sweet. I love you more than Tunkintell. Your Auntie Christy Lynn.

jennifer said...

Remember, Distance doesn't sepirate True friends so you took the best of Cali with you