Sunday, June 28, 2009

Because I know you've been wondering...

Here's the rundown of the past weeks events...

Last week I came down to California with my mom to look for a job and a place to live. I met with a chiropractor who was apparently very impressed with my "touch" and my resume. So he offered me the job. The original agreement was only part time and he wanted me to start the following Friday. So Tuesday, I packed all of my boxes and left only what Christy and Wesley would need for the next few weeks before my parents brought them and my things out to me. Tuesday afternoon, the dr called and said he had changed my schedule. He wanted to change it monday - saturday, except Thursday 8-6:30. Well, because I have children and am a single mom, that schedule is impossible for me to do. Not to mention the amount i would be spending in day care. So I came back with an 8-2 schedule. He didn't like that and told me he had better keep looking and good luck in my search. He actually was quite rude on the phone. Well, after an anger episode and the thought of a good cry (I can never seem to actually follow through with a good cry), I decided to go out around Orem and look for a job. Except, I had left my massage table and chair out in Ramona. So, I left Wednesday anyway and am now down here in Ramona to pick up said table and chair, but also to cover some more ground looking for jobs and housing. I had a great interview in Thousand Oaks on Saturday morning, but I don't know that I want to live that far from my california family. So, I'm attending church in the Ramona Ward this afternoon to see if anyone here has any leads for me.
Tomorrow, I think I will go to the San Diego temple. And I think Tuesday I will be heading home. I miss my children. and my little dog.
I have had some fun out here though. Saturday afternoon, I dragged my aunt Siobahn to a comic book signing. Yes, i read comics. :) I got to meet the writers, artists and producers for Beserker. I got my picture taken with Milo Ventimiglia. He's really nice, and has really warm cheeks!

I'm feeling quite discouraged, but I also know that I'm doing what the Lord wanted me to do, so I know that there will soon be something to make sense of all of this.

I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And with that, I'm off to see Christy Lynn and then off to church.

Love to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aimee, that is horrible! I am so sorry! But you have the right idea going to the temple, if nothing else at least you'll feel some peace. The temple is definitely good for that. Love you and praying for you!