Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luthor King Day

Yesterday was Stake Conference. I feel so uplifted and motivated to do good in my life. Elder Holland and Pres Uchtdorf spoke on forgiving yourself and others, having a temple recommend, reading your scriptures and talking with God. I haven't been doing very good on any of those. Sometimes life gets so hard. I tend to want to blame God for those times. I tend to not want to speak to him during that time. But I recognize that most of those "hard times" I bring on myself. Not always, but often. Infact, more often than I would like to admit.

But I've been thinking. Alot. I've come to the conclusion, that I need to make some changes in my life. Some major, some not so major.
I started out with this "resolution" by taking today off. Mondays are my days off. It was also a holiday. Growing up, my mom celebrated every holiday. And I want to be like my mom in many ways. So, I celebrated today by doing nothing. We slept in. Snuggled (Christy is with her dad, so it was just Wesley and I) and had a visit from my Aunts Siobhan and Christy and also my cousin Jason. I've also done some studying.
I love days like these. I love my son. And I love my doggies.
I love being a Latter-Day Saint. ;)

Now it's time to take action and live up to my own expectations of myself.

Happy Martin Luthor King Day!

Love, Aimee

No comments: